All Updates about this blog.
Mainly focus on technology, reading, excerpts, miscellaneous, article review, tool sharing, workflow, inspiration, English learning, attention management, deep work and other directions
Curating the knowledge of the world, countries, rank
Curating things that deserve respect.
Curating opnions and things about China.
I like the Netherlands, so I’m going to collect some notes about it.
- Language: Dutch
- Population: 17.5 million
- Capital: Amsterdam, The Hague
- Currency: Euro
- Time Zone: CET (UTC+1)
- Dial Code: +31
- Drive: The right side of the roads
God may have made the world, but the Dutch made the Netherlands.
- Geography Now! NETHERLANDS
- Dutch are the tallest people onaverage in the world. Men: 185cm, Women: 170cm
- Dutch have learned how to control the water and use it to their advantage.
- Stop call t he country “Holland”
- 12 provinces
- Amsterdam, The Hague, Rotterdam
- 6 Islands
- ABC Islands, Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao
- Leeward Islands, SSS Islands, Sint Maarten, SABA, Sint Eustatius
- lowest country in the Europe
- The top 20 lagest world economies
- The top 10 largetst exporters on Earth
- the Oldest Stock Exchange
- Tulip mania
- Companies: Shell, Phillips,
- highest proficiency in English out of any non-English official country in the world, 9/10 can speak English comfortably, 94% are bilingual
- national color: orange
- first country to legalize same-sex marriage
- Why We Won’t Raise Our Kids in Suburbia (and moved to the Netherlands instead)
- Travel from Rotterdam to Amsterdam in 10 minutes by boat: a 4k timelapse
- The Netherlands in 100 Seconds
- Why Grocery Shopping is Better in Amsterdam
- This is how trash gets removed from underground bins in The Netherlands
- Why The Netherlands Is Insanely Well Designed
- Dutch 11-year olds get a lesson in Love
People who don’t like the Netherlands🔗
Curated list of videos you should watch.
When I saw Leetcode on the timeline, I thought you guys were so “cult”…
Until I started doing Leetcode problems myself - “Damn it’s super fun just to solve the problems, the daily intellectual challenge is the new fun every day!”
I solve these problems in Typescript , and add a few unit tests with Deno, perfect! Don’t know if I’ll ever get the chance to do the whole thing in this lifetime.
If you’re not the customer, you’re the product. - hn
Basically. If there’s some nice free thing you use that’s too good to be true… wait a few years it will go to muck. - HN
Western multinationals today think about putting their next factory: “A.B.C. — Anywhere But China.” - nytimes
Sadly, as we see in the world today, it turns out that fascism is the most optimized ideology available given the limited cognitive bandwidth constraints of a 280-character post. This is because the answer is always simple with fascism: generally a death threat towards the marginalized group of the day will do just fine, which easily fits into 280 characters: “Storm the capitol building!”? “Hang Mike Pence!”? Yep, even congressional members and vice presidents can be marginalized under the right circumstances, and it’s under 280 characters. - Source
“I was lucky.” “Women always say that when they’ve done something extraordinary”. – The handmaids tale S05E03
Why does the patriarchy exist?
Very easy answer. A short time ago, historically, before birth control, antibiotics and NICUs, a huge portion of most women’s lives was consumed with pregnancy, birthing, dying during childbirth, having shit tons of children because high infant mortality and no birth control— that takes out your 16-40yo female demographic who would otherwise be having a say in leadership/positions of power. Meanwhile all the same men in that demographic who were not constantly stuck with this exhausting deadly job were traipsing around playing war and king and big boss with all their free time for thousands of years and a societal structure was created favoring these roles. Now that the playing field has slowly, finally evened out some in the past 100 years or so there is not surprisingly a LOT of catching up to do. - reddit
Chinese people are not stupid, they are not incapable of distinguishing right from wrong, it’s just that the whole environment of speech is so unfair that only one voice is allowed. I am optimistic that most people will be able to distinguish between right and wrong within a year’s time if they are allowed to compete fairly.
If there is no religion there is so division among people. We can move on from imaginary issues and focus on real issues of our planet. - reddit comment
reddit users and making vague generalizations based on their own biases. - reddit comment
He sees it all personified in Lee Kuan Yew, who “honestly thought that money and status equated to happiness … His failure to understand how false that was really showed, leading us to become one of the richest countries in the world, and one of the most depressed. Ultimately, how do you quantify a great leader? It is by how he creates a place where people are able to live happily and prosper based on their own unique attributes. And he hasn’t.” – Story of cities #27: Singapore – the most meticulously planned city in the world
Democracy and capitalism are 100% unrelated to each other. Democracy is a form of government, capitalism is an economic system. You can have Fascist Capitalists(China), Fascist Mercantilists(US Republicans), Fascist Socialism(the USSR), Democratic Capitalists(most Americans), Democratic Mercantilists(The British), Democratic Socialism(Bernie Sanders types in the US; many of the Nordics), and a whole host of things in between. Democracy and Capitalism are two separate axes creating a plane, rather than two sides of the same axis. – reddit comment
I established a personal public Wiki and Blog before, which let me develop the habit of taking notes and writing more things, as the habit has been developed, so I will no longer entangle the form of the blog problem, put Personal notes, all the outputs of the blog are placed here, so that I can maintain myself better and save my mind, before the two places to switch back and forth to make me a bit overwhelmed. Currently, all blog sources are placed in the GitHub Repo.
Curating awesome decentralized applications.
Warning: This resources have some NSFW sensitive resources, please pay attension.
Curating some interesting NSFW resources.
- calendso/calendso: The open-source Calendly alternative. (github.com) - Make an appointment, connect with your calendar
- timetagger - Tag your time, get the insight
- Mpedussa - Shopify alternative #Alternative
- LibreTranslate - Free and Open Source Machine Translation API. 100% self-hosted, no limits, no ties to proprietary translation services.
- Lingvanex - Self-hosted translation
- RapidBay - Self-hosted torrent video streaming service compatible with Chromecast and AppleTV deployable in the cloud
- Dim - Dim, a media manager fueled by dark forces.
- Mobilizon - Mobilizon is a tool that helps you find, create and organize events.
- Orbit - A distributed, serverless, peer-to-peer chat application on IPFS.
- Iris - Decentralized messenger
- Twt.social - Twt.social is a new Social Media platform
- gemini - Gemini is a new internet protocol which: Is heavier than gopher, Is lighter than the web, Will not replace either, Strives for maximum power to weight ratio, Takes user privacy very seriously
- Lightspeed - A self contained OBS -> FTL -> WebRTC live streaming server. Comprised of 3 parts once configured anyone can achieve sub-second OBS to the browser livestreaming
- ToolJet - ToolJet is an open-source low-code platform for building and deploying internal tools with minimal engineering efforts 🚀
- mattermost - Mattermost is an open source platform for secure collaboration across the entire software development lifecycle.
- conduit - Conduit is a simple, fast and reliable chat server powered by Matrix
- Harmony Chat - An open protocol for open, harmonious communication.
- Webhook - webhook is a lightweight incoming webhook server to run shell commands
Curating anyting about startups, marketing, launch, publish, cooperation, tools
Curating awesome alternative resources.